Absa RUN YOUR CITY Cape Town 10K
Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA
Runners are you ready! Now’s the time to lace-up your trainers as we prepare to run through the final quarter of 2020 with the Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA!
Following the excitement of the Run Your City Series (RYCS) Heritage Day Virtual Run, event organisers, Stillwater Sports are excited to give runners (and walkers) another opportunity to WIN BIG while staying ACTIVE!
Consisting of four bi-weekly 5km runs that will start and finish at a designated venue in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, the Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA is free of charge. Runners do, however, need to sign up.
EXCITING NEWS the first 50 entries (per run/per city) will receive a limited-edition t-shirt! For a touch of flair each run will have a colour theme with the event t-shirt correlating with that theme.
Runners who take part in all four runs will be rewarded with a limited edition RYCS medal and headscarf after the final run.
POP UP RUN DATES
#1 - Friday 5K Pop Up Run - Fri, 23 Oct 2020
#2 - Friday 5K Pop Up Run - Fri, 6 Nov 2020
#3 - Friday 5K Pop Up Run - Fri, 20 Nov 2020
#4 - Friday 5K Pop Up Run - Fri, 4 Dec 2020
START TIME - 06h30
- The President Hotel, Bantry bay
- Blouberg Promenade
- Brackenfell Athletics Club
- Rondebosch Common
All 4 runs to take place on Durban Promenade (close to Bike & Bean)
1. Emmarentia Dam
2. Sandton CBD
3. Inner City - Braamfontein
You choose the location and route
HOW TO ENTER
- Runners are invited to sign up for each of the Friday 5K Pop Up Runs via the Entry Ninja online entry platform
- The first 50 runners to register to run the Friday 5K Pop Up Run (per City), will receive a FREE Limited Edition RYCS t-shirt to the value of R250
- Each Friday the Results link will be shared with all registered runners who have the opportunity to manually upload their finish time (shared via social media)
- All uploaded results will sit on a national leader board per Pop Up Run on the
- On arrival at each Pop Up Run, all registered runners will receive a FREE RYCS Tee worth R250 in the colour of each ‘colour themed’ Pop Up Run.
Runners who sign up and complete all 4 Pop Up Runs will also receive a FREE limited edition RYCS Medal and Headscarf.
LUCKY DRAW PRIZES
Runners who complete all 4 runs also stand a chance to win:
- 1 x VIP GOLD Entry and trip (for two) to the 2021 Run Your City Series Event of their choice worth R10,000 (one winner)
- A pair of PUMA Ultra Ride Running Shoes worth R2,000 (per City)
HOW TO WIN
To be eligible to be entered into the draw to win prizes from the Run Your City Series partners, participants must;
- complete all four Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series events
- share a photograph of themselves to the Run Your City Series social media platforms (per Event) - (in a colour themed RYCS Tee or any other same coloured tee)
- tag the event (Cape Town 12K CITYRUN, Durban 10K CITYRUN or Joburg 10K CITYRUN)
- tag @PUMASouthAfrica
- share a photograph together with the caption that answers the question “Why do you run?’
- use the following hashtags #RunYourCity #ForeverFaster
Winners will be announced at the end of the series. T&C’s apply.
Follow us on social media for the latest news and updates!
Facebook: Ctown12 / Durban10k / Joburg10K
Instagram: @capetown_12 / @Durban10k / @Joburg10K
Hashtag: #RunYourCity #ForeverFaster
More information: www.runyourcityseries.com
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|Friday 5K Pop Up Run #1 Cape Town SOLD OUT||5 km||06:30||Free|
|Friday 5K Pop Up Run #1 Johannesburg SOLD OUT||5 km||06:30||Free|
|Friday 5K Pop Up Run #1 Durban SOLD OUT||5 km||06:30||Free|
|Friday 5K Pop Up Run #1 Virtual||5 km||06:30||Free|
, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Virtual
|City||Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Virtual|